Sunday, September 15, 2013

TORONTO + POLICE = BRUTALITY


1239976_652082961476587_1670723213_n
TORONTO + POLICE = BRUTALITY

(During a photo shoot I had in Kensington Market)
I was walking back to Baldwin St. and I came across loud cries coming from an alleyway, “Stop, I’m not resisting,” the voice yells.
I hear glass bottles breaking and literally what seems to be some sort of fight going on behind the locked gate… the first image in this album.
I looked through the hole to see what was going on, when I looked I saw one officer just walking right out of frame.
A few seconds later, a shop owner had a key to the gate who came and opened it for me. Almost as if she was telling me to go ahead and take photos of what I saw.
So I open the gate and walk through and I saw these Officers stomping on this man’s head, punching him in his balls & stepping all over him.
I continued taking photos, there was another officer standing around watching while this man is getting his ass stomped out. He eventually noticed me and quickly went on to tell me to move to the streets. The other police eventually saw me and was quick to stop what he was doing.
I think I may have saved this man’s life. No matter what he did he should not be treated like that.
Posted By: Andrew J. Davy | @ADavyRaw
More Photos: http://www.facebook.com/ADavyPhotography

No comments: