Monday, April 16, 2012

John Leblanc - Backwards

April, Sunday 15,  4:30PM
At about that time as I got the emergency heart cart set up for the day at Thornton Park and took in the nice weather it was nicer to be here than in my workshop I thought meeting new folks and and greeting visitors who glanced at the art and items where Backwards Rider Outreach continued.

Within that hour I noticed a figure coming towards my direction on a lightweight men's bicycle, until my head moved up to give creed to this man who immediately started to say something to me about what was going on with me. Long story short Jean (John) donated a long list of things that he thought the shop on 4 wheels could make use of.

We spoke about how he saw me 1 week ago riding my mountain bicycle backwards he said.
As he turned himself around to try riding backwards on his cycle. After he made an attempt I insisted that I do a demonstration for him doing the 3 step process. Right around a hedge of bushes and lawn in a circle and back and that's how it's done I said to him as I got off the bicycle.

I shared with Jean my backwards experience which began in 2009 and now am here to promote Backwards Rider as a program (movement) I said in a excited voice.



I followed Jean to his place after I closed down the cart, to where I would have a hard time getting back out left on my own.

Before now when was the last time you ever tried riding your bicycle backwards I asked Jean? and he said about 1 week ago after I saw you and I was talking to someone I bet you I can ride my bicycle with no hands he said to the person. And before that he said as I asked him, 5 years ago.


Donated Items
Hack saw blade
Matt
Pull Cart
Camper Backpack
Desktop PC/ Hard drive
Porfolio case
Rope
Nail clipper
6 Highlight Markers
Gauze
Multivitamins
Tape
Sand paper
Plastic Business Card  holders
Sun shape mold
Camera
more...

Thursday April 26, I bumped ito Jean and a friend who was on a mountain bicycle. John got off his bicycle and started to practice while I was in presence. We made sure we had the proper contact for each other for the future and we left. 

No comments: